Youkai category part1

 Youkai category

There are four categories of youkai.

1,Youkai for convincing
2, Education / Lessons Youkai
3, the discovered youkai
4, entertainment youkai

These four are the youkai categories.
This time, I would like to introduce "Youkai for convincing".

Youkai for convincing

When a Japanese encounters a scary event, the biggest fear is not knowing the cause.If you don't know the cause, you can't deal with it, and after that, you become anxious about what you will do and it turns into fear.
For example, when you go to the hospital because you have a stomachache, isn't it pretty scary if the doctor says "I don't know"?
Wouldn't fear be alleviated if you knew the name of the illness and what to do?
It's the same with old Japanese people, and if you encounter an unfamiliar event and don't know what it is, you can't help but be scared.
It's also unbearable that such unfamiliar events happen frequently in my living area.
That's why the "Youkai for convincing" was born.

What kind of youkai are there in the Youkai for convincing?

Here's an episode of Youkai for convincing.
Even though there is no one in a certain river, I hear a sound that I don't understand, "Jara Jara Jara Jara".
What kind of sound would happen if I heard this sound?
People at that time were scared.
In Japan at that time, the river was a place where people had to live, not only drinking water, but also washing and washing food.
Something I don't understand is happening in such an important place. It's the worst.
Meanwhile, one person said, "This is the sound of red bean washing Azuki arai."
And people can now live the same life as before without worrying about the sound, "Ah, is it the work of Azuki arai?" "I'm not worried anymore."
※Azuki=red bean
   arai=wash

Azuki arai is an invisible uncle who is a youkai who does no harm just by washing a red beans in the river.
If you replace it with modern times, it means that "in the common kitchen, I can't see it, but my uncle is washing vegetables."
I'm not scared at all when I think so 🤣🤣🤣
In this way, Youkai for convincing is a youkai that was born to give a cause to a scary event so that it can be dealt with and not scary.
Azuki arai

next time

Next time, I will talk about "education and lessons learned youkai."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[shadow eater] Gyuki [Yokai Encyclopedia]

[Dr. Yokai] Inoue Enryo's Scientific Theory of Yokai [Yokai Encyclopedia]

[Remains in Japan] Youkai Relics~Kappa~ [Yokai Encyclopedia]